Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tip of the Morning Tuesday~ Best & Easiest Way to Clean Your Iron

I have a great tip for you about how to clean your iron quick and easily with no mess. Maybe you already know about this, but in case you don't here goes: Purchase a package of Mr. Clean brand Magic Dry Eraser Sponges (no affiliation), and then turn your iron on to get it hot. Meanwhile dampen one of the sponges with a little water and wring out any excess. Once your iron is hot, unplug it and let it cool for a minute, so it's not so hot as to burn you. Then just rub the sponge all over the iron sole plate and especially in the steam holes and you will see your iron getting clean as your sponge gets dirty. It cleans faster and easier than using that iron cleaning paste in the tube and there is no odor! I love this Magic Eraser sponge! It is my new iron cleaning sponge from now on. I will certainly be cleaning my iron more often since it is so much easier and faster to clean.

Sorry I didn't take any before or after photos because I did this last night and wasn't sure what the results would be. I will say the steam vent holes are finally clean as new now. I had never been able to get those vent holes clean no matter what I tried cleaning it with and I tried it all before.

I haven't even used these Magic Erasers for anything else, but I hear they clean other surfaces well too. If you clean other items with these, I would like to know what you clean and well it works for you.


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. This is an awesome tip! Do you find that you need to have the iron warm for this to work best or would it work ok on a cooler iron too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* Magic Erasers, but they will scratch, so if your iron is Teflon you may not want to do this. They can act like a very fine sandpaper. I use these on every hard surface I can. Great for sinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I've never used them as I like Pine Sol...But boy, I'm getting them now...(I always called my Mr...Mr. Clean, they look alike.)
    Blessings, Debra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a light colored refrigerator, so I often use them on the handles and front edges, they really help get the grooves clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always used that messy, stinky iron cleaner. I hope I can remember this tip when I need to clean my iron again. I take a piece of the sponge shopping with me. Shirts (especially black) can get deodorant marks on the them during changing. The sponge wipes those marks right off...like magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do this, I have NEVER really cleaned my iron before! Does this work if you have some fusible interfacing on it?
    thank you so much for your excellent tip
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much! I'll get some right away and even try to clean my old iron that I gave up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Janie! I am sure it will work for you. You are a no-reply so I had to respond here to you, since I don't have your email address.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...